My name is Rachel and I'm in the English Studies Program. This semester is my last one :) but I plan to do a "Dîplome d'études supérieures en Enseignement Collégial". I want to be an english teacher and maybe this summer I'll be a monitor in a teenager summer camp. I like languages in general but a little bit more English and Spanish. I took German courses when I studied at Cégep de Lévis-Lauzon, but I found it difficult to learn so I didn't take any courses after my DEC. I took five courses in Spanish at Laval University. I said 5 but, in fact, it is 4. I took one intensive class that was the equivalent of 2 . It was like an spanish immersion. So, That's it for me!
My topicI decided to do my research on the Earth's Warming (Global Warming) in Quebec, Colorado etc. (regions that have been recently touched by it). I'm a little bored to talk about language acquisition and things of this field. I like languages but sometimes I need to vary. This semester I have other reseach projects to do and they will be on language acquisition so, as I' a little bit more free of choice in this class, I decided to touch something very new to me and to learn more about this phenomenon. I'll try to focus more on Canada if I'm able to.

4 commentaires:
Hi,
Good topic idea. It would be interesting to compare evidence of global warming with previous global warmings that happened in the past (warm periods recorded hundreds of years ago and supposed global warming in prehistoric times)
Take care
Interesting topic!
Because I have been introduced to global warming when I attended a conference while studying in Art et technologie des médias at Jonquiere's College, I definitively recommand you to read papers and researches written by Claude Villeneuve, biologist and director of Eco-consultancy program at UQAC. He's really a reference about this environmental issue.Furthermore, don't forget Hubert Reeves!
Good luck!
Hello,
I find your field of research very interesting! I studied the phenomenon in a course and there is much to be said about it. What's interesting is that you can view it under many angles: social, scientific, etc. I also completely agree with Milany, who said you should consult Claude Villeneuve's texts. I saw him giving a conference at Laval University last year and he is very good at explaining the phenomenon and its consequences...
You have a very interesting topic!
The more we talk about it, the more we can make things change! I have already read Hubert Reeves' books; I think that could be a very good source for you! Good luck with your paper!
Enregistrer un commentaire